Evernote is truly the most useful iPhone application I have come across. Long story short it is a note taking device. But it is of course much more than that.
It allows you to make a Text, Photo or Voice note. but again that is not all. It can read text within pictures which is then made searchable, and on top of that it geo-tags all the notes you take on your iPhone so you know where the note was taken.
So, for example here is a perfect situation to use it:
- You park your car at the Trafford Centre, you often forget where you parked and spend ages in the cold looking for your car.
- Take out your iPhone and open Evernote.
- Take a picture of your car or better yet a sign detailing the parking section.
- Do your shopping.
- Open Evernote.
- Open the picture note you created earlier, tap “Details” and “View on Map”
- Maps opens and places a pin where your car is.
- From there you can make your own way there or even ask Maps for the directions.
- You are at your car, happy and warm.